Wednesday, 15 October 2014

far away tree branching out!

The biggest problem with building the tree is its size. Its too big to do ,much to it inside my workshop, being mainly a figure modeller I built my workshop to suit. Anyway progress though slow is managing to carry on between rain showers. I have made branches. These are more plywood cut to shape with the jigsaw, then glued and screwed to a piece of pine, so that they can be removed for transporting.

The piece of 2x1 attached to the shed is a marker for the overall height of the tree, which is 93 inches. The branches, like the rest of the tree will be covered with polystyrene foam and expanding foam. Then covered over with papier mache, then I brush plaster over the whole thing to give a bark effect. Anyway with the woodwork finally complete, I am now 1/3rd of the way through the build and note importantly onto the exciting !


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home